Talk:How you can help
From Linking experiences of World War One
Revision as of 23:31, 15 August 2018 by GavinRobinson (Reverted edits by 184.108.40.206 (talk) to last revision by GavinRobinson)
Questions / decisions for discussion
Which categories are in active use and which are outdated?
Category names tend to use underscores rather than spaces to separate words.
- Actually, is this true anymore? Does it make a difference to performance, readability or links either way? --Mia (talk) 12:03, 8 March 2015 (PDT)
Categories change log
As categories are added for individual items they occasionally need tidying up.
Things that need to be done but aren't quite neat tasks yet
- Update categories used to reference 'units' rather than 'battalions' for future flexibility (and see if there's a better way to apply categories to new pages)
- I've installed http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Replace_Text to change Battalions_without_personal_narratives to Units_needing_personal_narratives --Mia (talk) 04:36, 17 December 2014 (PST)
- Add a WYSIWYG editor - the one currently used on Wikipedia doesn't seem stable yet and might conflict with other extensions used. --Mia (talk) 04:36, 17 December 2014 (PST)
- Track down missing images (presumably after upgrade to 1.24) eg those without thumbnails on Special:ListFiles --Mia (talk) 16:21, 26 January 2015 (PST)
- Sort out various pages reporting script errors in Category:Pages_with_script_errors --Mia (talk) 16:21, 26 January 2015 (PST)
- Review performance of Infoboxes, including
reducing the use of unnecessary #ifsin Template:Infobox military unit, Template:Infobox command structure and Template:Infobox theatre of war to reduce processing overhead. See User_talk:Mia#Fixing_infobox.2FLua_errors for background --Mia (talk) 16:56, 26 January 2015 (PST)