Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service
From Linking experiences of World War One
|Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service|
|Years active:||27/3/1902 –|
|Sources for overview:|
|Created:||27/3/1902. Formed from Army Nursing Service by Royal Warrant.|
|Sources for created:|||
|Sources for alternate names:|
|Sources for disbanded:|
|For more information on what infobox fields mean, see documentation at military unit, command structure and theatre of war.|
- Australian War Memorial: photos of Mary McLean Loughron who served with QAIMNS at 2 Stationary Hospital Annexe in Abbeville, France.
- National Army Museum 1954-09-18-7: QAIMNS badge awarded to Dame Ethel Hope Becher.
- Photos and biography of Staff Nurse Hetty Elizabeth Milnes
- Photograph Album of Sister Alice Welford and Sister Welford's QAIMNSR badge
Unit war diaries
None. Administrative organisations did not keep war diaries because they had no operational role.
See descendant unit pages for their war diaries.
Other official documents
- The National Archives of the UK (TNA): WO 399, nurses' service records. Research guide with more information about these records. They contain files for over 15,000 individual nurses.
- Army Order number 67 (1902)